Tuesday, July 14, 2015

A Little Miss With A Mind Of Her Own

This doll I am working on seems to know her own mind! I had no idea where to go with her, but she kept suggesting things, like the one-piece underwear that simply "everyone" is wearing. And the lace collar that will go on her dress......but she didn't want the dirty old stuff from my box of vintage laces. No, she insisted on new lace that I made myself. Well, fine crochet in cotton is a bit of a challenge for me these days, especially when done at night, but I got it made to her satisfaction.
She seems to like the wig I made her alright, even though it is still messy and not stuck on her head yet.
Hope she's not too fussy about her dress, but I expect she will be!
This is a jointed cloth doll around 32 cms tall (12.5") with joints at the hips and shoulders. The wig is hand-knotted Lincoln wool dyed a dark blonde shade.





7 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

She's a beauty. I think she may look a lot like her creator. She also has good taste. Wonder where she got that...

Susie McMahon said...

Ha ha! Wish I DID look a bit more like her!

Sherri Farley said...

Beautiful girl. Hats off to you on the crochet work too.

Susie McMahon said...

Thanks Sherri - it really is becoming a bit of a challenge to do some of the finer work at night......must get a magnifier thingy, I think!

Jan Conwell said...

She's beautiful with her messy hair, Susie.

Susie McMahon said...

Thanks Jan - she's resistant to having it "tidied up" too much!

Unknown said...

She is so ethereal and delicate. .. with a strong heart and mind. .. amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...