Friday, February 24, 2012

A Blast From The Past

You can see what I found attractive...........to me he looked not unlike Pete Townsend of The Who. Or Cat Stevens. This picture is a still from a climbing film made at Freycinet ca, 1974/5 by the Launceston Walking Club. The film-maker might have been Norton Harvey. This was sent to me by a young acquintance who happened upon it while going through the LWC film archives. Well, after more than 40 years of marriage (yes, I was a Child Bride!) he doesn't look like this any more, but like a good wine or an old violin, I think he is improving with maturity!


My little Thursday's Child is coming along - the doll itself is pretty much finished and now I need to work on the accoutrements - a little bag, a book, maybe.........The box she is sitting on will become a steamer trunk with a bit of work. To me she looks like a lonely little Irish immigrant.



9 comments:

Sherri Farley said...

I love the look of your "good wine". My hubby and I have been married since 1972 and the photos look like a "hippie wedding"! My "good wine" now resembles a gray haired Sean Connery, he too has improved with age.......Oh, and Thursday child is just breath taking.

Susie McMahon said...

Ha Sherry, I hear you! We were married in 1971 - and yes - ours was a kind of hippie wedding too. My dress was fabulous - long and flowing and purply-plum coloured with yellow flowers on it. Bob wore some kind of ill-fitting borrowed suit. We had a registry office "do" (because may parents said if I didn't ask for a big wedding, they would buy us a 'frig & washing machine - I'm a practical gal - guess what I went for?) Followed by a slap-up meal. Simple, but great.

Ulla's Quilt World said...

That doll is so lovely! :)
www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
Yours, Ulla (from Finland)

Susie McMahon said...

Thanks, Ulla!

maddyrose said...

You've done a wonderful job on your Thursday's child, she's adorable and reminds me of an Irish immigrant too.

Hardin County Keepsakes said...

I absolutely love your dolls.I saw one in person at Sherry Goshon's home.
Each is a work of art.
We married young, a bit earlier than you. Since 1964. judy j

merrijane said...

I do love a bit of nostalgia - this photo is how I remember him, as one of the good looking teachers at high school.
Thursday's child is looking adorable!

Richelle Nicole said...

I've only been married for about a year and a half, so I guess I'm still a newlywed ;) I adore your dolls, they are simply beautiful! Your Thursday Child does have a touch of melancholy about her, which I love.

Sandy Pine said...

Pete Townsend with longer hair and a little bit of Cat Stevens. I can see that. I personally loved Roger Daltrey, but married Malcolm - who did not have a look a like. I guess he is one of a kind :-)
Love your latest dolls.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...