Monday, September 5, 2011

Oh No! Nekkid!

This is the little "green head" beginning to look quite acceptable and now I'll be spending the next few evenings getting her decently clothed. A couple of my readers asked how I attach the head to the body. This is one way: I hope it is clear enough in these pictures - just make two holes in the front and two holes in the back using an awl (give it your awl!) and attach using strong thread. Make sure you start and end it off very securely, otherwise your doll might suffer a terrible beheading! This little doll has disc-jointed hips and thread-jointed shoulders and needle-sculpted toes and knees. The wig is strawberry-blonde Tibetan lamb.



9 comments:

Leanne said...

Hi Susie
Thanks so much for the attachment info ~ makes perfect sense.
Can't wait to see her dressed!!

cheers...............Leanne

Cheryl @ Bingle Bears said...

She's GORGEOUS!! Can't wait to see her clothed.

Warmly,
Cherul

Unknown said...

You've done it again, Susie! She is amazing. Love the chubby cheeks!

maddyrose said...

Susie, your dolls are so appealing that even without clothing they're wonderful. I'm looking forward to seeing what appearal you'll come up with.

Robin's Egg Bleu said...

She's absolutely precious! She reminds me of the darling little toddler I just saw in the movie "The Help".

molly jean said...

She is beautiful. Thank you for showing how you attached her to the cloth body.

As always, I love your work!

Michelle Walker said...

I love her hair!! she is coming along nicely.
Mxo

merrijane said...

What an adorable little doll!

Heera said...

She is so cute. Love her eyes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...