Friday, January 21, 2011

In My Studio Today

Here's what is on my studio table today. I started this piece a while ago and have just got back to working on it. It is almost done - just a little more painting, gluing the bust inside the box and doing the outside of the box. The figure is kind of spilling out of the box and into the space in front. I made a "Mona Lisa" piece similar to this some years ago, but I forgot to photograph it before I sold it (can't remember who to, so I can't even beg for a few pictures of it!) I used to do that all the time.............thank heavens for digital photography - it has revolutionized my life.




I had great fun working on this!

15 comments:

Kristen Strand said...

Oh my, the girl with the Pearl. I think she is awesome!

Sue said...

Fabulous Susie! I hear you on the picture taking. I have several pieces that I made years ago that I would love to have pics of.

Hugs,

Sue

Judi Hunziker said...

Fabulous Susie

manomij said...

I love Vermeer! Goregous!

KittyAnn said...

She's lovely Susie, you captured her well.

canngil said...

It isn't showing on your post! did you take it down?

Susie McMahon said...

Nope......it's still there!

Town Common Folk Art Dolls by Penni Sadlon said...

Susie, I love her!! Very nice. I've always love the colors in that painting...neat interpretation. BTW, I love the new look of your blog...
Penni

Cheryl @ Bingle Bears said...

Oh, MY!!! She's simply FABULOUS!!! WONDERFUL!!!

Cody Goodin said...

Awesome piece SUsie, I love your more sculptural pieces the best.

Daryle and Katie... kindred spirits said...

Susie... This is very much "thinking outside the box" (pun intended) and is so typical of the fresh and well- thought through design process seen in everything you make. She is remarkable! Daryle

Atticbabys said...

Oh Susie this is from my all time favorite painting! You do such unique and beautiful work!
♥Nan

Unknown said...

Beautiful! You are so talented!

laurel said...

Beautiful and amazing!

Unknown said...

Hi Susie,
Another creation to cherish, for sure!

hugz
Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...